Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Top 12 Things I Have Learned In My Surgical Residency:

#12 The God of the bible never guaranteed a risk free or easy life.

#11 Prov 3:5-6 is a great way to relieve stress.

#10 Beside every great surgeon is an army of nurses/allied health workers.

#9 Sometimes people just die no matter how hard you work to keep them alive.

#8 In heaven I will be unemployed.

#7 When not to operate is harder to learn than when to operate.

#6 Sleep is just like any other necessity, it can be disciplined, rationed and forgone when needed.

#5 My most precious commodity to give my wife and kids is time.

#4 Perfect surgery does not compensate for arrogance.

#3 Every patient is made in the image of God.

#2 I can't make people feel better if I don't understand their suffering.

#1 If people are made in the image of God, you better know what you are doing when you operate on them.


By Jesh

Featured Post

Surgery Helps...Girls Like Antoinette

"I am Antoinette...I am happy to thank you because I am healed. May Jesus bless you."  - Antoinette, 17 years old (see below for m...

Popular Posts